2018 Foonf Convertible Car Seat - Shadow by Clek
The Clek Foonf is the mother of all car seats. Its patented REACT (Rigid-Latch Energy Absorbing Crumple Technology) safety system revolutionizes forward-facing safety performance by significantly reducing the forces transmitted to the child in a collision delivering 'rear-facing like' performance.
Foonf offers an industry-leading extended rear-facing use up to 50 pound, complete with a steel anti-rebound bar for enhanced safety performance. Its tank-like construction features a complete metal substructure, dual layers of energy absorbing foam and adjustable structural headrest for advanced side impact protection. Innovative convenience features like Rigid-LATCH makes proper forward-facing installation effortless.
At less than 17 inches wide, it makes 3-across installation possible in most vehicles. The Foonf is tailored in GREENGUARD Select Certified Crypton Super Fabrics, which provide permanent protection against stains, moisture and odor-causing bacteria; and are free of brominated and chlorinated flame retardants (excluding leather models).
- Extended Rear-Facing Installation: Foonf was designed to international best practices for extended rear-facing use, which is to accommodate children in a rear-facing installation until their 4th birthday.
- Structural Headrest with Deep Side Wings: Energy-absorbing foam-lined Headrest connected to frame using steel rods provides maximum head protection in a side-impact collision.
- Energy-Absorbing Foam Layers: Foam layers on both the inside and outside of the frame protect your child by absorbing energy in a side-impact collision, resulting in less force directly upon your child.
- Rigid Sub-Structure: Foonf is reinforced by a steel and magnesium sub-structure.
- Anti-Rebound Bar: In Rear-Facing mode, Foonf's Anti-Rebound bar improves stability by limiting rotation of the child seat, helping protect your child's head from impact in the case of a collision.
- Rigid-LATCH Forward-Facing Installation: Over 80% of child seats in North America are not used properly. Hands down the easiest Forward-Facing installation in its class, Foonf's Rigid-LATCH system makes proper Forward-Facing installation effortless.
- Improved Rear-Facing Installation: Unique design improves Rear-Facing installation with an easy-access belt path, small footprint and Anti-Rebound Bar that provide a snug installation with ease.
- Smooth Recline: Foonf includes an easy-to-engage, smooth recline function, making each ride more comfortable.
- GREENGUARD Select Certified: Crypton® Super Fabrics are GREENGUARD Select Certified and provide permanent protection against stains, moisture and odor-causing bacteria; and are free of brominated and chlorinated flame retardants.
- Approved for use in Aircraft
- Seating Depth: 12.5 in.
- Seating Height: 21.5–26 in.
- Harness-Slot Height: 8–17 in.
- Width: 13–17 in.
- Fore-Aft Measurement in Rear-Facing: 33 in.
- Height Measurement in Rear-Facing: 25.75–28.75 in.
- Seat Weight in Forward-Facing: 32 in.
- Seat Weight in Rear-Facing: 36 lb
- 25–43 in.
- 14-50 lb
- Able to sit upright alone
- 30–49 in.
- 22–65 lb
- 2+ years recommended (1 year minimum)